In this article we will show you how to copy a database in phpMyAdmin.
To copy or duplicate a database, follow these steps:
1- First of all, access to phpMyAdmin through cPanel.
2- In phpMyAdmin click on “Databases” tab to view your all databases.
3- From the database list, select the database you want to copy.
4- When you entered the desired database, click on the “Operations” tab, as shown in the image below.
5- On the right side of the page, Look for section where it says: “copy database to”.
6- Enter a name for new database.
7- In the “Copy database to” section, you see a collection of radio buttons and checkboxes.
- Structure and Data: If you want to copy both structure and data to new database, select “Structure and Data”.
- Structure only: By choosing this option, you copy the columns but not the data.
- Data Only: You select to copy the data but not the structure.
- CREATE DATABASE before copying: check this box to create a new database.
- Add AUTO_INCREAMENT value: Check this box too.
8- Click on the “Go” button to begin the process of building new database.
In the “Databases” tab, you will see that the new database is added to the database list.